Murphy Toerner and Associates – Baton Rouge is closing its doors.
May, 2015 we would have celebrated 23 years of serving people of faith in the Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Hammond areas. (I actually had clients drive from Hattiesburg, MS, Monroe, and Lake Charles to meet with me during those 23 years.)
During these 23 years, I had the privilege of:
- Encouraging many people to become Licensed Professional Counselors because I could see their potential in serving God’s people through the mental health counseling and life coaching venues.
- Mentoring the LPCs and LMFTs who worked with me at MTA – BR.
- Supervising numerous clinical interns while they were completing their course work at Louisiana State University, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, University of Tennessee, Our Lady of Holy Cross College, and Reformed Theological Seminary.
- Supervising counselor interns as they worked toward becoming Licensed Professional Counselors and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists in and around Baton Rouge.
- Counseling and coaching 800 to 1,000+ clients.
- Ages 4 to 80
- Various denominations from Full Gospel to Episcopalian and Catholic (even Hindu and Muslim)
- Various life stages
- Various presenting issues
- Many of which with successful outcomes
I am completely grateful to God for this unbelievable ministry and I thank you for all of your prayers, support, concern, and love for me all these years. Baton Rouge will always hold a special place in my heart.
If any of you would like to comment to me personally about this news or make a comment about how MTA – BR served you in a positive way, I would love to hear from you. email@example.com
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas and I have a private practice in Austin, TX. I also am a Life Coach/ Relationship Coach/ Personal Coach, which can be done via phone sessions. If you would like to work with me, please contact me through the above email address. I have worked with so many of you over many years and if I could be of service to you once again, I’d love to hear from you.
Thank you, thank you, thank you all from the bottom of my heart. It has been a glorious experience and tremendously rewarding.
Also, much thanks to Ruby Daigrepont, Pat Long and Dan … and all of the C-K employees for hosting Murphy Toerner and Associates for the last 10-11 years. It was a perfect setting for our clients; very peaceful and a blessed location. You bent over backwards to provide space for us when we grew in size and you worked with us in countless ways. We are are grateful to you.
Much love, joy and peace to you all,
Murphy Geer Toerner
Side Bar – There are several fantastic counselors in Baton Rouge that can serve you well and in whom I have great trust:
- Sue Miley, Suzanne Jones, Steve Fox at Crossroads Counseling and Coaching
- Patti Peters Dowling, Anne Hays, Misty Smith, Onnie Perdue, and Beau Dantin at Baton Rouge Counseling Center
- Dr. Roger Butner
- Sherrie Hutson (Gonzales)
- Reverend Mike Holmes at Istrouma Baptist Church