1. Smile quickly and easily.
2. Pat someone on the back.
3. Mail an unexpected, caring letter or email to a friend.
4. Let someone ahead of you in line.
5. Do a kind deed anonymously.
6. Leave a funny card or post-it note under the windshield wiper of someone you care about.
7. Express gratitude.
8. Relay an over-heard compliment. Forget an over-heard criticism.
9. Tape a love note on the refrigerator — even if it is to yourself. Or send a text to someone you care deeply about and offer encouraging words.
10. Lend a favorite book, DVD, or CD. Don’t nag to get it back.